It’s no surprise that the popularity of fly-fishing has skyrocketed, especially amongst women, in recent years. In addition to the sport being an excellent way to exercise both the body and the mind, fly fishing also provides an up-close and personal connection to some of the most spectacular scenery this country has to offer. With so many different kinds of fly fishing, we thought we’d begin with the sport’s granddaddy- trout. Here are 5 of the best spots in the U.S. for trout fishing.
1. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Big Sky meets big fish in this mecca for fishers. With so many different accessible rivers, plus breathtaking scenery and an enormous variety of wildlife and terrain, Yellowstone is a place like no other.
2. Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Sure, it’s known for great skiing, but that’s not all Jackson Hole is about. With heart-stopping views of the Rockies, the town is renowned as one of the world’s most beautiful and scenic spots. Plus, there are plenty of lush accommodation options and fine dining choices if that’s your scene.
3. Roscoe, New York. Nestled in the Southwestern section of the Catskills, Roscoe—nicknamed Trout Town, USA- boasts 5 amazing trout streams. With a lovely mountain backdrop and rustic feel, Roscoe is the home of the Beaverkill River, known as the birthplace of American dry fly-fishing.
4. Missoula, Montana. Home of the Blackfoot, A River Runs Through It author Norman Maclean’s inspiration, as well as the Bitterroot and Clark Fork, Missoula is a trout-crazy town long heralded as one of the country’s best. Pristine waters and easily accessible streams make it easy to find yourself some open water.
5. State College, PA. Sure, you probably know this town better as the home of Penn State, but the recent scandal hasn’t affected the amazing limestone streams that spawn magnificent numbers of wild trout. Spring Creek is a popular spot, and people come from all over to fish the famous Green Drake mayfly hatch on Penns Creek.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your gear and go Tackle the World with Style ®!